29 April 2010

Future Predictions

As I mentioned yesterday, I like to read Steve Pavlina's blog on personal development. I think taking the challenge of seeing where I have been in the past month or so may show where I'll be in one year from today. I'm marking my calendar to read this entry on 4/29/2011.

Where will I be?
  1. Living in the heart of a major metropolis (NYC, Boston, Chicago, for example)
  2. Working at job I am interested in (investments most likely, but possibly management consulting)
  3. Taking classes that are of interest to me (examples include culinary, photography, Photoshop, and/or glassblowing)
Now, while my past does not completely indicate that this will happen, I have been trying to get a job that fits my needs.

Points 1 & 2: I don't want to live in a small town and I already feel like I'm compromising by staying in the U.S. My plan is to live downtown in which ever city I happen to land a "good" job in. Most of my contacts seem to be coming from NYC and in investments.

Point 3: I always have some hobby I'm trying to work on. I've taken cooking classes in during my stint at Coastal Seafoods as well as in Japan, Bali, and Thailand. I have been actively trying to learn how to better operate my Nikon D80, but would prefer to take a class. Unfortunately, there do not seem to be any classes in Butte, MT for such things. I've always wanted to learn how to blow glass. I took a chemistry glassblowing class at the University of Montana and made some glass beads in a workshop in Japan. Again, I haven't found any classes locally.

I completely agree that it is important to develop habits to achieve goals. Slow and steady wins the race. Perhaps my predictions are fairly general or vague, but I just see so many things and like to be flexible. We'll see how it went on April 29, 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment