12 July 2010

Rejection Sucks OR How Failing is Good

Every Monday is Tip Day. The tips can be general for helping in general with business concepts, job hunting, or anything that seems within the scope of this blog.

It is never a good feeling to be rejected, although it can and often does lead to bigger and better things. As you may have guessed, I did not receive an offer to teach English in Japan with a certain company that I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it hurts. On the other hand, it also means that I am one step closer to getting "thee job." 

In the long run I know that it is for the best to not get the job. Teaching English became very dull after three years, but I was hoping to go back to Japan, which requires a visa. There are other options. I am applying in different sectors for various jobs. 

This lesson of failure reminds me of Gretchen Rubin's post "Enjoy the Fun of Failure." I am also reminded of Scott H. Young's "Manageable Awfulness and How to Let Bad Things Happen." I feel it is important to make bold leaps to accomplish your dreams. Teaching English is something I did enjoy, but I would love to push myself and test new limits. Failing only gets me closer to my true destiny. 

Failure is a sign that you are trying. "Doing anything important, means accepting a minimum level of bad things happening. The only way to completely avoid losing is not to compete at all," Scott H. Young.

My tip: keep trying, keep failing, and you will eventually get to where you need to be. In the meantime, do try to not let "failure" keep you down. Keep getting back up on that horse and you will ride off into the sunset happily ever after. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment